my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

413...

I created this blog one week ago today. I created it at the prompting of my grief counselor who said it would be helpful in the healing process to share this journey with others. How funny...but, the truth is it really does help. It helps to know that people can read about my son. People can share this journey with me. I added a counter on the first day and today noticed that it was up to 413! In one week 413 times my blog has been visited. It warms my heart to know that my son is being thought of. It makes me happy to know his name is turning over in peoples minds and hearts. He is the reason I started this. I love that people are walking along with me. I hate that I am here...but, I'm glad to have you here with me!

I am healing. Six weeks is such a short time, but it has been a long road. I know that God is the ultimate healer. "I am the LORD, who heals you." (Exodus 15:26) I hold onto that promise. God is the source of all healing. I started this journey with Him carrying me. I am still being carried today. But, I hope one day soon He will be able to put me back down and I will walk again with Him beside me instead of carrying me.

I will forever be Trent's mommy. I will forever hurt for the life my son never had. I will forever wonder why. But, I am healing and God is carrying me.

Jehovah Rapha, healing God, You are my healer, and I choose to walk with You. Amen.

1 comments:

Terra said...

Jehovah Rapha indeed!! (((Hugs)))

I know I shared with you in one of my emails, but Trent's life truly has taught me to never take even one moment forgranted with my boys!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved