my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Thursday, April 22, 2010

the Great Story

I want to share this thought from CS Lewis. At the end of his series of children's fiction, all his characters die in a railway accident and Lewis concludes with these words:

But the things that began to happen after that were so great and so beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all the stories...but for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story, which no one on earth has read, which goes on forever, in which every chapter is better than the one before.

How wonderful that my baby boy is already living that Great Story. He is already up there worshipping God every single day. He got to skip the inro and move right onto the good part of the book. He got to miss all the crap we live through and move right into his mansion. I miss him like crazy...but, really he is the lucky one!

2 comments:

Antoinette said...

That makes me feel better to know they wont ever suffer, doesnt make me change being selfish and wanting them a little longer ((hugs))

Spencer and Sara said...

Beautiful.
(found your blog on Kristins Facebook status) Thinking of you.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved