my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Friday, May 7, 2010

a smile today

I opened my PO box today and inside found two mother's day cards. I was moved to tears. It is all I have ever wanted...to be a mommy. I am not a traditional one...but, I am still one. It has taken me a while to accept that fact. I know that I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy...but, he went to heaven too soon...so, I have not given myself the permission to call myself "mom." With mother's day around the corner I was so worried...but, oh these two cards warmed my heart. They confirm the thing I feared I would never have...I am a mother. I will always be a mother. If we never have another child...I will be Trent's mommy.

3 comments:

lis said...

how lovely that you were remembered not once, but twice! your beautiful baby will be with you on sunday as he is every day <3

Jill said...

So happy you got some cards. You are definitely a mommy!!

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/serene-jones/worst-expectations-mother_b_568033.html

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved