my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Mexico

Yesterday I drove from Midland, TX to Albquerque, NM to meet up with a girl friend from high school. I did a lot of thinking on the way over (I will post more about that later). When I arrived at the airport to pick her up I couldn't stop thinking how much better it would be if I was introducing her to Trent.

But, other than that we are having a good time. It is wonderful to be out of town and out of the groove of things. I needed this. I needed to get out of the grief pattern (if you are a BLM you know excatly what I mean). Sometimes I just need to get away.

We took a hot air ballon ride today....AMAZING. (pictures to come soon)

Glad to be relaxing...glad to spend some time with a good friend...

1 comments:

B said...

Hi Trisha,
Don't think I've commented here before... but I found your blog through another BLM blog, and want to say how sorry I am for your loss, and how much I appreciate your thoughts here. TOTALLY get what you mean about getting away, sometimes you just need to break the cycle, get out of a rut.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved