my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Thursday, July 29, 2010

remember

Remember when we were little and our parents told us we could be anything we wanted if we just put our mind to it?

At that point my thoughts were always 'I want to be a teacher and a mommy.' I changed the teacher into ministry and the mommy part has stayed...

But, the truth is we can't just set our minds to this. Those of us with infertility issues, it has nothing to do with our mind set. I have heard SO many times things like - just take a vacation you will get pregnant, just relax, just stop thinking about it.

My body doesn't work that way. I don't just get to think really hard and make it happen. I need help.

And, even after we achieved the getting pregnant part my body still failed me.

I was determined in that hospital bed that I would do everything to keep my little peanut safe and alive.

But, that didn't happen.

My mind is set on being a mommy to a baby on earth...I just wish that is all it took!

1 comments:

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

If setting your mind to it is all it took you and I would have a million babies. ( well maybe not a million...........)

I still think it is unfair that babies are not given out to those that want them the most.

I think infertility/baby loss is one of the most vivid examples of life NOT being fair. Babies do not go to those who want them the most, to those that are best suited to parent, to those that have wanted to be a mommy for as long as they can remember. Fertility and healthy birth seem to be random.

I feel confident that your turn WILL come. That does not help the wait, I know that. I wish I could give you faith that it will happen.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved