my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the summer

This summer is so not what I thought it would be. I thought it would be time for us to get to know our son. I thought it would be filled with sleepless nights from an infant.

I thought maybe today I would share the summer...in pictures.

Sometimes I forget to tell the world (and myself) that we are still living, we are still smiling, we are still moving forward...

so, here is our summer... in pictures.



we spent time with my sister's and beautiful niece



I met a dear friend in Albuquerque for a long weekend.




And, we took our first hot air balloon ride.



We celebrated Ken's 30th birthday with a cake in the shape of an airplane seat.



We spent a week in Atlanta with my best friend.



And, of course three of the cutest kids around!



We had dinner with friends from highschool.



Celebrated Ken's 30th again.



Cooked out....a lot!








Hiked in one of the most beautiful spots in the world.




Spent some time with a horse...which I am afraid of ... this was a BIG step for me!



Had some chuckwagon grub!



And, finally, celebrated my 31st birthday.

It may not be the way we planned. But, we are trying to figure out a way to live through this new life.

1 comments:

Tara said...

Where did you all hike? It's BEAUTIFUL!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved