my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ideas needed

I am flying to Daytona October 1. I am so looking forward to seeing my family. But, I am not looking forward to being back where it all began ended.

I have three precious nieces...I love them all so much. I had the idea yesterday that while I was there I would take them to get their pictures done. I expanded that idea into have matching dresses made for each of them. I think we will take the pictures on the beach. Tonight as I drove home from the gym I couldn't help but think how much I want Trent in those pictures. I give anything to have him there with me. So, I am thinking I will find a way to represent him. I thought about having the girls hold blue balloons, having a candle, maybe a teddy bear...what do you think? His little memorial will not be in all the pictures...just a few. He is their cousin. He should be on that beach with them at least in spirit.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I LOVE the idea of blue balloons, especially if they are wearing white or something simple. The blue contrast would be beautiful, and the balloon is a much more appropriate tribute from a child than a candle. Maybe they could even release them to him in the heavens when you are all finished! I'm praying for you girl, every single day.

Heather said...

I think baloons or a teddy bear would be an amazing idea! I will be curious to see what the others suggest, as I want to find ways to represent Madelyn in some upcoming photos we are having made too.

Alicia Manautou said...

I love the idea of balloons. It is childlike and simple, but unique as well.

Paige said...

I think each of them holding a balloon front the back...then one extra balloon on a weight by itself. really cool!

Naomi said...

that would be so beautiful. make sure you write his name in the sand.

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

get them each a locket with his picture inside. Have them each wearing a locket during the picture.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved