my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

sisters

I have three sisters...

I share an amazing bond with each one of them. I am not sure I could have survived the last 8 months without their support.

whom I love dearly...




they are my best friends in the entire world...
(them and Ken and my mom)

kristen was born after me - we are 2 years apart...



cassie came two kids later - we are 9 years apart...




and bridget is the baby of the family - we are 15 years apart...



Bridget and I have always had a very close bond. Because we are 15 years apart much of her life I was like a second mom. She spent the night with Kristen and I when we roomed together. She stayed with Ken and I all the time once we were married. I have always loved that girl.

Here we are five years ago....



I love this picture of us!

Tonight Bridget emailed me this:

i know this is really silly but it has been in the back of my head all day. today i was sitting outside of sissys house and there is the big tree in the back you know. and i was sitting on the ground and little acorns were falling on my head. they were so little and cute, just like trent. some were so little you couldn't even see the green yet. and some were really little but you could see that they had tried so hard to grow and survive, again just like trent. and it made me think...if trees had feelings i bet that tree would be so sad because it kept trying to made acorns and they wernt surviving, but as i was looking at all the little dead accorns on the ground i was think that the tree was still growing and it had some big accorns on it. that tree didnt give up...and even though it kept losing acorns it still kept trying, never lost its faith. and i think the next time i go to sissys house i will find big acorns on the ground. i know that losing trent is the hardest thing you and ken have ever been through but im here for you, and so are alot of people. i love you SOOO MUCH. i cant put into words how much i love you trisha. i told you this was silly but that tree reminded me so much of you.

At 16 I had no idea the world could be so cruel. But, Bridget has a whole different outlook on life. She was in the room when Trent was born. She watched him live and die. This sweet, caring, worry-filled girl prays everynight for Ken and I. She worries daily about us. I wish she could be a naive 16 year old. I wish she didn't have to know the horrors the world holds. But, she does. She is the strongest 16 year old I know. I love this girl.

3 comments:

MissingYouAlways said...

how amazing is she?! that had me crying. and she is right, dont give up honey!

Marie W said...

What a sweet sister! I too have awesome sisters.

Danae said...

You have a sweet, caring, and thoughtful sister. I can't imagine knowing that pain at 16...knowing how cruel the world can be. But, she is right...stand tall and strong like the tree, and never give up!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved