my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

9 months

As I sit in the Jacksonville airport on the nine month mark....I am overwhelmed.

I can't help but think what should be today....

A bouncing baby boy giggling at his mommy...

A family sad to see their little nephew/grandson leave...

Instead this weekend has been filled with so many tears...

Healing tears, painful tears, tears of hope for the future...

This weekend I found out how selfish grief really is. I have been so consumed with the pain in my heart I missed the pain of every one else. They all lost a part of them that day. My entire family, on both sides, have grieved for my son. I have been so overcome I couldn't see the pain they had for him...for me...for Ken.

I have so much more to write...but, it is time to board my flight

Back to the life I have been forced to live without Trent

Back to the most amazing man I know


I miss you so so much sweet boy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved