my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Friday, December 10, 2010

5 years

Today Ken and I celebrate 5 years of marriage.

What a ride it has been!

I really could not have even imagined how true our vows would become over the years.

I feel pretty lucky Ken picked me. He could have picked anyone in the world...but, he picked me. I think about all the issues my dumb body has...it just doesn't seem fair to him! But, he loves me no matter what. When he married me he thought I would never have kids and now 5 years later we know I can have kids...and even more important we know my body gives out and can't carry a baby without help.

In 5 years we have laughed more times than I can count...
we created a life...
we lost that life...
we planned a funeral for our first born...
we have cried together for our son...
he has held me while I laid broken...
we have been rich and poor...
we have loved and lost...
we have traveled...
we have made a home together...
we have moved across the country and started again...
we have made mistakes together...
we have gotten lost together and found our way hand in hand...
we have become "us"...
we have loved each other beyond what words can say...
we have created life...again.

I am beyond blessed to be married to this man.

5 comments:

NAOMI said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO A WONDERFUL COUPLE! HOPE YOU TWO HAVE MANY MORE TO COME. MANY MORE WONDERFUL MEMORIES LIE AHEAD, ESPECIALLY THE ONES YOU TWO WILL MAKE WITH "SPRINKLE".

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Congratulations! You two sound like such a fantastic match :)
take care

Marie W said...

Happy Anniversary Trisha! May your next 50 years be filled with more love, laughter, and the many patters of little feet!

Michelle Karr said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Christy said...

Happy Anniversary-I'm so glad you have such great love in your life :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved