my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

cerclage

My sweet Trent was born at 22 weeks due to my incompetent cervix. By the time we reached the hospital at 21 weeks 2 days, my cervix was fully dialated. It was the hope that laying on hospital bed rest we could keep him in long enough that he could live outside the womb. But, I contracted a deadly infection that lead to inducing him to save my life. A cerclage could have saved his life.

Tomorrow is the day for this baby. Tomorrow I check into the hospital at 6:30am to have a cerclage placed. The cerclage will stitch my cervix shut in hopes that this baby can stay put until at least 36 weeks.

Please pray for my team of doctors, that the baby does great during surgery, and that I come out infection free.

I am scared beyond scared...but, without this surgery history will surely repeat itself.

6 comments:

Steph @ This Organized Mess said...

I am praying for you Trisha !!

Danae said...

Thinking happy thoughts and sending you well wishes!

lis said...

oh honey, ill be thinking of you tomorrow. remember that this is for the best of sprinkle. you have been through the worst that this world has to dish out, you can whip the butt off that surgery!
be strong and know so many are praying for you my friend
xoxo
lis

tasivfer said...

I'm sorry you are so scared. You're so brave for doing this - it must be so hard. I know you don't really have a choice, but it's still brave to go through it. Thinking of you and a safe and well sprinkle!

Glo said...

Best of luck tomorrow.

Michelle Karr said...

Praying!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved