my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Monday, January 31, 2011

21w3d

On January 5th 2010 I gave birth to the most beautiful boy I had ever seen... I was 21 weeks and 3 days pregnant. He arrived at 8:10 am.

Today, I am 21w3d pregnant with my little rainbow, ian. At 8:11am I was officially more pregnant than I have ever been!!!!!!

Praise God!!!!

What an amazing feeling to get over that mark! Ian is still nice and high in my belly and moving like crazy for most of the day and night! We did it! We made it to my first big milestone!!! I feel relieved...even if just a little bit. My cervix is holding...for now! I don't know that the rest of the pregnancy will be as complication free as these first 21 weeks have been, but it has been nice to be high risk and not high maintenance!

Our next big goal - VIABILITY!!! A baby is viable outside the womb at 24 weeks. This was the mark we were shooting for while in the hospital with Trent. But, the infection took over my body and I had to deliever him to save my life. Feburary 18, 2011 I will be 24 weeks pregnant! The doctors at Winnie Palmer told me that at 24 weeks the baby has a 30% chance of living outside the womb and there are many complications that can come with being born that early. I haven't researched it any further than that. I really REALLY don't want Ian to be born at 24 weeks. I just want to know that I have made it to a point in pregnancy where he has a shot outside the womb! 24 weeks is so close I can taste it!!! My little miracle baby is measuring a full week ahead on ultrasound so really he is the size of a 22w3d baby...makes my heart happy! The bigger he is the better his chances are of survival outside my womb.

At my last appointment with the high risk doctor he said if things keep going the way they are I could give birth to a 38 or 39 week baby...can you even imagine???? My baby born and not even have to stay in the NICU??? I have been preparing myself for a few weeks in the NICU...just so I don't freak out if it does happen. But, I don't want to get ahead of myself too much...

February 18th here we come!!!!!!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Congratulations! Thinking of both your sweet boys right now...

Alicia Manautou said...

Praise God! Will continue to pray...

tasivfer said...

Such fantastically wonderful news!!! 18 February is my goal at this point too; that's when Sparky will be as old as Blobby was when he died. But let's hope it just one of many milestones we pass! :-D

Lynn said...

Praying February 18 gets here swiftly and safely! It would be so wonderful if Ian could hold on until 38 or 29 weeks. I'll be thinking fo you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved