my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Friday, February 18, 2011

24 weeks!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

For me it feels like that magic week that means this little man is finally big enough that if anything went wrong again he would still live.....AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I don't want him to be born for another 12-15 weeks but, if he did his chances of survival are better than Trent's were!

I just can't believe that a tiny 5mm band thick of mirselene tape is holding my son in.

The last 24 hours have been a little nuts ... to say the least! I had my normal weekly monitoring and injection yesterday. My blood pressure was a little high. They monitored it for about 45 minutes and it was averaging 145/85. The high risk OB came in and monitored Ian via ultrasound for a while. He checked the fluid around him, his heartbeat, and the bloodflow to his cord. All was fine...Praise God!!! He told me to go home and stay horizontal for 72 hours until my follow up appt on Monday. He also ordered some blood work and a 24 hour protein test. I left the doctors office and headed to the lab to get my jug for collection. I left and headed home. I was sitting at a stop sign waiting for traffic clear and then...bang, a huge crash. I freaked, jumped out of my car and asked the guy did he not see me???? He said, "I saw you , my breaks are going out." HELLO!!! get them fixed...you just rear ended a high risk pregnant woman who is one day away from viablitly! I didn't say all of that I just burst into tears and said, "I need to go to the hosptial. I am pregnant. I need to be monitored." He was actually nice and followed me...my car was drivable. When we got tot he hospital he ran and got a wheel chair and wheeled me into the ER. I kept telling them I wanted to go to L&D to be monitored. They said they had to make sure I was okay before they could check Ian. The nurse was so nice and kind of whispered, "Call your OB. I guarntee he will say get you up to L&D." I was shaking and so mad they weren't listening to me. I called the OB and he said to take me upstairs ASAP and he would meet me there. THANK GOD!!!! Ken arrived right as they were wheeling me upstairs. Oh the flashbacks! I was so scared. Ian was kicking away but I also felt the familiar feeling of small contractions. I was being wheeled to L&D again...and way before the time my son should be born. UGH!!!

I spent two hours on the monitors and Ian was fine. His heart beat was good. He moved the whole time. The nurses kept me under close watch and the doctor came in and checked me over. He said I was fine to go home and rest up. PRAISE GOD!!!!!! I came home and went straight to bed. I am pretty sore today but no blood, no contractions, and Ian is just as active as ever.

It was the most scared I have been this pregnancy. Today I get to deal with getting a police report for the insurance company, I didn't wait at the scene for the police I wanted to get to the hospital as fast as I could. Can you believe my luck? I mean really???

But, we are good and we are at 24 weeks!!!!!!

2 comments:

Danae said...

Yea for making to 24 weeks! Little Ian...stay in there for at least 3 more months!

And that dude really needs to get his brakes fixed...he's going to pay so much more than he would have just to get it done.

tasivfer said...

Oh my!!! Let's hope the crash was the drama/scare for this pregnancy. ((HUGS))

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved