my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Saturday, February 12, 2011

what hurts the most

Last night I fell asleep with this Rascall Flats song stuck in my head. I know it is about romantic love, but the lyrics seemed so fitting.

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away (not this one, Trent didn't walk away)

And never knowin'
What could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was tryin' to do

I just kept singing it in my head over and over last night.

There was a time in my life where things made sense - where everything seemed to fit. There have been painful times too. But, when I look back I could always seem to make sense of all that was going on around me.

The past year nothing has seemed to make sense. I can't seem to make my brain understand any of it.

What hurts the most - is that nothing makes sense anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved