my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Sunday, April 17, 2011

8 months

PREGNANT!!

Who knew pregnancy was so hard? I mean it is a lot of work!! First, I never in my life thought I would be able to even say the sentence "I am 8 months pregnant." Second, I had no idea I would bitch about it so much ;) It is not easy growing a human! But, I am so excited about the end result. I had a scare last week and after the MFM got my blood work back and called my normal ob they had me rush in for steroids for Ian's lungs. It scared me because they were worried about my blood pressure and having to take him early. I know at 32 weeks he could and would be fine. But, it still scared me. The nurse told me that I should pack by bags for an extended stay at the hospital but the doctor sent me home to rest instead. I am much happier to be resting at home instead of at the hospital! I feel very relieved that his lungs now have the steroids and that he is getting closer and closer to being in my arms.

Last night I was getting his bath room ready. Who knew it took a screw driver to put together a baby bath tub? I was almost giddy at the thought of Ian being here with us. Bath time will be Daddy's special time with Ian. We decided this with Trent and will do the same thing with Ian. My thought is for the first few months with nursing Ken will need special bonding time with Ian...bath time will be their special time. I put all the towels and washcloths away in the cabinets. I opened all the bath toys and put them in the net on the wall (I know he will not need them for a very long time). It was so fun knowing in just a few weeks he will be here.

I am getting so excited. I can't wait to hold this little miracle!!!

6 comments:

tasivfer said...

EIGHT MONTHS!!! I'm SO excited for you all!!! :-)

michelle hs said...

i'm so happy for you! it won't be long now and he'll be safe in your arms!!!

Mary said...

Yay! He'll be here before you know it!

Heather said...

Wow, you are soooo close!! I remember that last month too well! It goes by so fast and so slow at the same time!

Ethansmommy said...

So happy for you Trisha! Ian will be here very soon! Isaac isn't far behind either, we are 7 months :) Hugs!

bibc said...

i could not be more happy for you. okay, maybe when he is here i will be thrilled!
we have come a long way, huh?
xoxo
lis

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved