my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

sometimes I forget

how hard this all is on daddy too...

Tonight after dinner Ken turned to me and said "please bring my son home."

My poor husband. This last year and a half has been so hard on both of us. This pregnancy has been so full of complications and Ken is the one I cry to. I cry about everything lately...but, especially about how this pregnancy keeps getting harder and harder.

I had blood work done yesterday because of my blood pressure issues. The doctors started me on blood pressure medicine last week and my numbers have still been high. I also had protein in my urine from the 24 hour test. The nurse called to tell me my results and told me I should come to my appointment on Thursday with a bag packed...for the hospital. I of course hung up the phone and cried.

I am overwhelmed with all of the information from today and my poor husband is even more overwhelmed. He worries about me and of course his son. I wish I could make it all better for him...for both of us.

Poor guy.

6 comments:

bibc said...

omg that really got me.
my husband isn't here to say it to me, but im sure he is thinking the same thing. i feel like everyone is thinking it and i really, really don't want to let anyone down.
you, my dear, are doing so well. may god be with you through these next few exciting weeks. love to you and Ian.
xoxo
lis

Michele said...

prayers...

Jaime said...

It's so heartwarming and heartwrenching when our husbands show their emotions... they stay so strong for so long and then wham! it seems to hit them.

I wish you all the best in the upcoming days and am glad to hear that you and babe are being well taken care of!

x <3 o

Lynn said...

I think it's a common thing for us to forget how it affects the men in our life. Guys are so much better at keeping their emotions in check than we are. They suffer in silence most of the time and it's only when things really overload them that they say how their feeling. I'm saying prayers for all of you!

Btw, I've given you an award! You can stop by my blog to pick it up :D

tasivfer said...

((HUGS))

Mary said...

Oh my gosh! That would have broken my heart! I worry about this too. We aren't pregnant with our rainbow yet, but I often wonder how he is going to deal with the stress of a high risk pregnancy when it does happen. He has been so strong through everything...I just wonder what his breaking point will be. Hugs to you and your husband. Not much longer before Ian is home!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved