my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Friday, May 13, 2011

9 whole months

I can't believe I am 9 months pregnant! Praise God!!

I have been on bed rest since last week. Yesterday I had two doctors appointments and went to the post office in between them. The lady in line in front of me asked me how far along and I told her 9 months tomorrow! Today I snuck out of the house for a pedicure...I really wanted cute toes for the birth...and the lady asked how far I was. Same answer. BOTH of them said "You don't look that pregnant!"



Umh...what part of this LARGE belly did they miss??? :)

I feel great...the doctor just wants my blood pressure to stay under control so I can make it safely to 37 weeks.

My cerclage comes out on Monday!!!!!!!!! The doctor moved up removal because he wants to give my cervix time to "ripen." He wants it to start doing what most pregnant woman do at 37 weeks. He wants it to start changing on it's own to make the induction process and labor easier on my body. It is crazy to think we have spent 9 long months worried about my cervix staying the same and NOW it is time for it to start moving! I had my last 17p injection on Thursday. I will have my last OB appt Monday and my last MFM appt on next Thursday. I can't believe we are 10 days away to a happy, healthy, full term baby boy!!!

The anxiety is still here. I am trying my best to keep it at bay. I work hard to only focus on the positive. It just is all still scary. I can't wait to hold my little miracle!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Praise the Lord!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! You look great...good luck with the next couple of days, the waiting is the worst, but so worth it when the doctors place your baby in your arms! I will continue to pray that you have a smooth delivery. God bless your family

tasivfer said...

How could they not thing you look 'that' pregnant!!! You do - and you look FANTASTIC!!!! It's Monday her in Australia already, so you're probably in bed, not sleeping because of the excitment of what happens today. I can't believe it's finally time for your cerclage to come out - and how amazing that it's been moved up so your cervix can do normal things! For you this is really the first step in the birth journey!!! ((HUGE excited hugs!!!))

Missy said...

AMAZING! this is so great! Can't wait to see him!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved