my journey through the loss of my first son and the life of my second

Monday, May 16, 2011

free!!!!

My cerclage is OUT!

It really was not as bad as I thought it was going to be! It was strange and lots of pressure...but on a scale of 1-10 the pain was about a 3! It only took about 10 minutes total. I was not dilated or effaced at all. I am home and of course still on bed rest until Ian makes his grand entrance. I go back Wednesday morning for a pelvic exam and then the MFM on Thursday for a NST and BPP.

IF Ian has not arrived by the 23rd we will check in to start induction at 4:00am!!

That is only 178 hours from now...or 10,680 minutes :)

of course who knows how long my labor will last ... but we are SOOOOO close to meeting this little boy!!

AND if you are wondering what my little blue string of power looks like...



Yep - I saved it :)

I told the doctor I wanted to and he said, "You know I was thinking the other night that you might want too." HAHA!!

Let the countdown begin!!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Yay!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for a safe and healthy delivery of Ian!

tasivfer said...

SO EXCITING!!! And isn't it amazing how such a little thing has been able to do such a huge, important job! :-) And I'm so glad the procedure to removed it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. 176 hours now. . .

LookItsJessica said...

Congrats! and thanks for showing the pic. I had been curious as to what they look like since I'll be getting one as well.

michelle hs said...

this is so exciting! i can't wait to see pictures of your perfect rainbow baby! i'm so happy and excited for you!

Michele said...

So glad it wasnt painful! Great news!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved